We are currently seeking an enthusiastic self motivated team member to join us at our Gosford boutique.
Purpose of Dancestuff
Dancestuff is a well established dance wear boutique with stores on the Central Coast and the North Shore. We are the premium provider of dance attire and shoes for local dancers, and are proud to be at the heart of the dance community. At Dancestuff we believe in the magic of dance, we know the joy that dance brings to so many lives and our mission is to support local dancers on their journeys through expert fittings and advice.
Purpose of Role
We are seeking a fantastic and motivated assistant who is passionate about their work, reliable, a committed team player and eager to serve. In this role, you will support the Director by serving our customers with the care and attention they deserve. You will work with the team to ensure the day-to-day running of the boutique is on track, providing exceptional customer service to our current and potential customers and communicating with local studio owners, suppliers and other businesses in the industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with the Director, Assistant Manager, and team as required to ensure the boutique moves as a whole towards it’s goals and targets. Team communication is paramount.
• Fitting dance shoes accurately and with professionalism
• Learning and understanding sizing conversions across different styles and brands
• Assisting customers with enquiries, fittings, sourcing required items and industry advice as needed
• Ensuring each customer has a positive experience in store and that we are able to fully meet their needs
• Placing, receiving and processing orders as required in store
• Creating, receiving and processing inventory transfers between stores as required
• Handling cash and other payment methods with integrity
• Competent use of our Point of Sale program (all training will be provided)
• Maintaining immaculate store presentation, including general cleaning and tidying – Ensuring our daily cleaning roster is completed each shift
• Assisting with merchandising and stock displays
• Professional telephone and email communication
• Assisting local studio owners and teachers with their needs and ensuring we are in the best position to assist their students
• Liaising with suppliers as required to place and follow up orders, organise RAN’s, learn about new products and releases
• Attending team training as required
• Learning our unique pointe fitting system and performing pointe shoe fitting appointments with incredible attention to detail
• Ensuring you are familiar with our documented policies and procedures and can confidently operate on in store within those parameters
• Actively promoting our programs, and products to studios and customers
• Managing many things at once – there are times when our boutiques can become very busy with multiple customers, phone calls, and other work to be dealt with simultaneously – you will be competent at managing and prioritising as necessary
How you will fit into our team
To be the right person for this position you will be well-spoken and eager to help our customers. A background in dance (preferably classical) is essential, as is a desire to learn and a positive attitude. You will have impeccable attention to detail and enthusiasm.
You will thrive in a team environment, as we work to team goals and targets rather than individual ones. Respect for your colleagues will be evident in your ability to follow our polices and procedures, your thorough communication and your ability to ‘hand over’ to or ‘pick up’ tasks from other team members with a seamless transition. You will be capable of working autonomously, and will be comfortable to open and close the store alone when trained. You will be able to take direction from the Director, Assistant Manager, and other staff as required.
You will use your organizational skills to help handle the ‘behind the scenes’ day-to-day running of the boutique along with assisting customers as needed. You will be capable of showing initiative to get necessary things done and use our documented guidelines to find solutions to any number of questions that may arise throughout your time in store. You will be self motivated to work through our daily and weekly tasks along with attending to any extra concerns that appear. You will be physically able to sit on the floor as required for shoe fittings, climb step ladders to reach stock and merchandise displays.
Previous workplace experience is not essential, more important is your ability to integrate into our existing team, to show initiative and to efficiently manage your time. You will be comfortable engaging with our current and potential clients, via the phone, email and in person. Clear communication skills are required in ensuring the voice of the boutique is delivered consistently through all mediums and all staff members. To thrive in this position, you will need enthusiasm, attention to detail and a desire to help our boutique move towards its goals.
Start date: As necessary. On the job training will be provided.
Position Information: This is an ongoing casual position. Applicants must be available to work on Saturdays, and have good availability throughout the week including shifts that lead to closing time. The right applicant may also be offered shifts in our Asquith boutique as necessary. We only seek team members who are willing to be with us long term.
Applications Close: 30 August, 2020
If you’re passionate about dance and think you’d be perfect for this position, please complete the application process on the form below, to outline why you would be the best choice to add to our team.